Extending Platform UI with new navigation¶
This tutorial currently covers only v1 of eZ Platform.
In this tutorial, we will create a new part of the application allowing you to browse your content by Content Type instead of using the tree structure. To fully benefit from this document, you need to:
- be comfortable with eZ Platform's content model (Content, Location, Content Type, etc.)
- have a basic knowledge of Symfony's concepts (Bundle, Controller and routing)
- have read the PlatformUI technical introduction
This tutorial is divided into 8 steps. The complete code base is available on GitHub in the ExtendingPlatformUIConferenceBundle repository which also provides a tag for each step. The expected end result can be seen in this screencast.
Relevant Community resources¶
- Step 1: Create the extension Bundle
- Step 2: Set up the configuration
- Step 4: Define a View
- Step 5: Configure the navigation
- Step 6: Build the content list
- Step 7: Paginate results
- Step 8: Filter by Content Type